Took almost a month to complete, but it’s done. Well I actually had to restart as stated in a previous post. These gloves were finished in the nick of time as well. The weather has gotten a lot colder to where I need wear these gloves when I’m driving or at work.
I’ve already gotten many compliments on the gloves and I’m very pleased with how they came out. This was my first time using US #2 needles. The smallest gauged needles I’ve used to date. It’s also the first time I used fingering weight yarn. I’ve noticed that the smaller the yarn and needles, the more work it seems to be. However, it really depends on the project. We can also see more detail with the color and stitches.
With the previous post I stated how it was really interesting how the colors came out with the pattern. In the right glove you can see how the two colors paired with eachother throughout the length of the glove.
What was even more profound was that it wasn’t repeated on the left glove. I tried to cast off around the same colors as the right glove, but the color pairings where in batches and not in same area throughout the glove. It still turned out very well and looks awesome.
So here’s to another completed project. If you want to know more about the project, please check My Ravelry project page.
I’m working on more hats, then on a crochet project for a Secret Santa I’m participating in. I can’t go into further details, other than it’s going to be awesome and it’s going to be Amigurumi.
Blog posts by https://rosaka.wordpress.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.